It's good to be Xtina

Great friends. A fabulous boyfriend. And fantastic hair. What more could a girl ask for? It's good to be Xtina.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

"York Sux" VS "My Fab Final Year"

so which is it? at the moment i must say that i am torn. usually, i'm the first person to say that york is gay and that it highly sux. but not today. or for the majority of this year. yes, there have been some low points...and some super-duper low points...but there have been major high points as well. i will put this year into perspective:

the down lows:
-me having to petition to get the york health plan charge of $125 off my bill (cuz i was late).
-me not getting into the second semester digital photography class.
-me realizing that i forgot to apply to get MY $100 back from a damage deposit fee for a class i took last year.
-me not knowing when i should hand in my intern report cuz the FACS ADVISOR who was going to mark it decided to resign in the middle of the school year.
-york only having 3 freakin copies of DVD studio pro in the labs i work in.
-me making sure i don't use identifiable people (including friends and family) for a DVD project at the last minute (within a week of handing it it) because my anal teacher just found out that york could get sued (although they never have before!) if someone finds themselves in someone's work without permission and don't wanna be there.
-me almost not being able to graduate because a class that is no longer available is still on the required course list from the year i entered york, but became no longer available right after that.


the up highs:
-me getting my fabulous internship.
-me only having 4 classes 1st semester and 3 classes 2nd semester.
-me having 2 art shows this year; one last semester, and one coming up this week (in the winter's lab!)
-me being in 3 of Don's classes!
-me having Liz in all my classes except Greek.
-me taking fabulous grad pics.
-me getting 2 A's and a B+ for last semester's classes!! woo!!
-me finishing up my internship with a completely fab evaluation from Natalie (my director) and getting an A from her! (worth 60% of my mark).
-me being part of 2 classes that were mentioned in Y-file, York's online news source.
-me being allowed to use a fabulous website called a 'wiki' for class (along with everyone else in the class) to create awesome pages like this! (can you believe we can do this in a class and actually get marks for it? ps-we are also REQUIRED to use MSN in class and whenever! The class is called 'Vitual Communities')
-me only having one LAST semester left of possibly my LAST schooling experience EVER!

so, as you can see, the good basically outweighs the bad! although there have been many, many other bad issues i have had with york in past years that i do not wish to speak about because i am currently basking in it's goodness.

xoxoxtina
  • At 3:09 AM, Blogger Liz Kerrison said…

    i 100% symthathise with your dilema. york is both good and bad.

    this semester is way to much fun though
    we're definitely going out in style

     
  • At 3:35 AM, Blogger Annie said…

    I can't believe 4 years have come and gone Willy! We thought high school went by quickly...but University was absolutely AMAZING! I'm actually quite sad to be leaving Western...its been my place for 4 years....and I'm gonna miss it. However, you're lucky that you're going to be done school for GOOD! I've still got too much more schooling ahead of me! Hehe.

    xoxoxox,
    annie!

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey willie!

    I luv ya, and cannot wait to be home. University is almost done, Western is the BEST MOTHA FUCKIN' school and york sux.

    MMUUUAAAA
    xoxox

     
  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger Mark Raghu said…

    as a recent York alumn, I've waited awhile to comment. Yes York sux.....it's administration is horrible, and unless you are in a small program or knew people before hand, your a destined to be a lonely little number.
    However, the classes are very good, as is the acadmeic support in most of the faculties. And in the end....4 years somewhere makes it grow into, well a home away from home (Yes....even York where you commute 1-2 hours each way every !@#@ day!!).

     
  • At 12:47 AM, Blogger Xtina said…

    Actually, what can i say...i LUV it!! i just like complaining too!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home