It's good to be Xtina

Great friends. A fabulous boyfriend. And fantastic hair. What more could a girl ask for? It's good to be Xtina.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

V-Day...Where are u??

Yes, my V-day this year went missing....Shaun was sick (yet again) and so we couldnt go to the yummy seafood restaurant downtown i made reservations at. Instead i went over to his place after running some errands and rented The Notebook for us to watch (as a romantic love story movie).

I gave shaun a sappy card and a mini box of ferrero roches cuz those r his favourite. I gave him a foot massage cuz he was feeling like crap. We watched the movie, which was really amazing. I understand why it's sold and rented out everywhere. I wanna buy it!

I fell asleep at his place cuz i was so tired, and came home this morning.

Other than that, it just felt like a regular, non special day. I wasn't expecting diamonds or pearls since we had decided that going for dinner and spending time together to celebrate us would be best. And i really did like spending quality time with him (as in, he didn't fall asleep during the movie for once!!) but i still feel like my v-day was jipped. (Although i love shaun no matter what).

Maybe it is just a stupid holiday with expectations that are too high.

What do u think of v-day and how did u spend it?

ps, im very excited about my Sex and the City Fest! lots of girls r coming!
  • At 3:42 AM, Blogger Annie said…

    Wilson,

    I think the whole point of Valentine's Day is that as a couple gets closer they notice that each V-day probably gets less materialistic. I mean, the fact that you and Shaun just stayed in and watched a movie during V-day weekend shows that you two have a fabulous relationship that doesn't need the roses, box of chocolates and wild, crazy sex on V-day to prove that you two are closer than ever!

    And as for feeling jipped..don't. I remember the extravagant V-day that Steve planned for me 2 years ago...it had everything you would picture V-day to have...except that intimacy that you and Shaun have!

    So you two have a truly great thing!

    xoxo,
    annie

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Xtina said…

    Thanx Banani! Ur sweet!
    Actually, I should take back everything I said....I talked to shaun and told him how I felt...cuz we make sure that we let eachother know how we feel, even if it is dissapointment, and he said that he realized that he had been taking advantage of me for the past little bit and that he knew that I did soooo much for him.... so yesterday at work he surprised me with a dozen red roses. He took the time out of his busy schedual, after going to the doctor and before school to come and give me roses. We had a little chat and everything is great. I still love v-day and the roses r beautiful!

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Valentine's Day is a ridiculous notion.

    xoxxo.

    Just be happy you guys got to spend some time together without having to do work or other things.

    Be happy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home